Tuesday, November 4, 2008

4 year old voters

So I voted today, and I thought it would be good for Monkey to witness the civic responsibility. When I got to the voting place they had a children's voting ballot too. I was so excited. So after I voted and he stood not so patiently to watch me fill in the bubbles it was now his turn. Little children were only asked to vote for the president. Monkey took his little pencil and bubbled in on the sheet, next to his chosen candidates picture, behind the cardboard privacy barrier. Then he placed his little ballot in the slot with the other children's ballots.

His father asked him who he voted for and he said John McCain.

Daddy asked him why.

Monkey said "Because he kinda looks like a Grandpa." - And there is the logic of the four year old voter.

No comments: